4/19/2009

Recovering

Begin personal log, Sunday April 19th, 111.

Kimochi flops down into a large and very comfortable sofa in her quarters. She looks worn out, but appears to be taking care of her appearance again.

These last few days have been... eventful.

I went to The Skyhook on Thursday to try and get back into the swing of things after the drama with Vincent. There I was, chatting to a Star Fraction pilot when Kelsy comes out of nowhere and tries to start a fight with me. I just told her to leave me alone, but some of the things she said really hurt... I needed to be alone for a while so I went into the board room to cool off.

After a while, Vincent came in... I didn't hear him initially, until he let out this horrible wracking cough, as if one of his lungs was dislodging itself. Inevitably, we argued and I cried. It got very heated... He bore his soul to me, and I did the same. All of a sudden, he collapsed and hit his head on the table. Kelsy ran in and started screaming at me... I didn't even touch him...

She sits up in the sofa and pours herself a glass of wine from a bottle on the low table infront of her while she speaks.

I called the emergency team up... His heart actually stopped for a good minute or so, but they eventually stabilized him. He's in the infirmary now, in a coma apparently. I spoke to Myrhial and told her what happened... She seems to believe me. She also thinks that the coma may have something to do with the drugs Vincent has been taking... He never did tell me what they where for, just that he needed them... What a mess.

She takes a sip of the wine and relaxes back into the sofa, crossing her legs.

...Despite everything, I hope he pulls through. I'm worried that if the medical staff figure out what it is that's keeping him in the coma, they'll hand him over to the DED and we'll never see him again. We have to move him to a more secure facility somehow...

I had some business to attend to in Ishomilken, so I decided to say hi to Rathera and Nausea... We had a huge heart-to-heart and I learned a few things I'd never known about Rathera... The poor girl is so naive and innocent in a way. She's also wound up so tight, I'm worried that she might break! I've decided to take it upon myself to teach her a few things that might help her relax a little more. As for Nausea, well... She's still Nausea. She seemed very concerned about me though, and among other things was more than happy to give me a hug and let me cry out the frustrations of the last month on her shoulder.

I also went to go meet Celes Tenebrae... Such an interesting woman. We ended up talking about how the Blood Raiders came to be what they are, and the motivations behind their violent nature. Despite everything, there are more than a few tenets of the Sani Sabik faith that I can't help but agree with... If I where at all religeous minded, I would have probably converted there and then. Celes seemed to take a shine to me... Perhaps because of my Khanid ancestry, or maybe just because I actually kind of sympethize with her situation... She gave me these.

Kimochi reaches into the neck of her dress and pulls out a Dark Blood Crystal Tag on a chain. The tag glitters in the light and makes a soft jangling noise.

I felt it would be rude to refuse such a beautiful gift, but I'll have to keep it hidden. I don't think the other directors would approve.

She unclasps the chain and removes it from her neck, placing it on the table.

I also spoke to Mortis last night about how exactly he came to join us. I suppose in retrospect it makes sense... The reasons might be different, but his problem is by no means a rare one. I know of at least one other person in Ghost Festival with a very similar... issue. Despite that though, he is a nice man and a good friend. I will do everything I can to help him with this, even if i'm unsure what exactly I could do about it.

Oh! And this morning, Mortis and I went for a little roam around Tzvi. My new Curse-class Combat Recon Cruiser - Raging Sin - has been refit and I decided to take her out to see what we can do. Mortis was flying a Vagabond. We managed to catch a Myrmidon on the acceleration gate to an installation in Tzvi and engaged... I managed to drain his capacitor very quickly and kept his drones busy with my own Warriors while Mortis tore into him with his autocannons. Overall I was very impressed with the abilities of the Curse... It's armour is surprisingly resilient, and I held out quite nicely while he had his drones attacking me.

She relaxes back into the sofa, with a genuine smile on her face.

It was a very satisfying kill... I think I'm feeling a bit better about everything too. It's nice to know that there are people out there who care enough about my feelings to talk to me about them. I think I'm going to be okay...

She smiles.

End log.

No comments: