5/01/2009

Burnout

Begin personal log, Friday May 1st 111.

I've been feeling really burnt-out recently. Just the thought of jacking into my pod is giving me a headache, so I decided to take the last few days off. I spent some time planetside, got some actual fresh air for a change... It's weird how much you appreciate the simplest of things, like being able to stand on actual soil and take a deep breath of unprocessed air, or even feel the wind on your face. Things that people like me don't get to experience every day... Sometimes I envy the ground-pounders and their naive simplicity. Sometimes.

I caught up with Rathera again and took her out to the promenade on the Ishomilken station. Anyone would have thought she'd never been in a shop before, judging by the look on her face as we browsed through a few different stores... I gave my advice on a few outfits, and we bought a few things. I probably shouldn't spend money in places non-capsuleers frequent, but what the hell... There where some good items there, and Rathera looks beautiful when she takes the time dress up. I hope she enjoyed herself, and I gave her a few ideas for the future in any case.

I also spent some time with Nausea, and we had a kind of 'girls' night in'... It turns out we have very similar interests, and I had such a good time with her. I think she had fun too... Apart from anything else, it was nice to just be able to relax and do what I want... It's nice to know that she still considers me a friend, even after almost a year. We have a lot to catch up on, and I made her promise to come visit me someday.

Oh, which reminds me I must speak to Kyoko, preferably in-person. I'll see if Tasaka can pick up a bottle of Soju from Rens for her... It's remarkably hard to get hold of in Devoid, and I'm still not exactly sure what Kyoko's opinion of me is. She's a hard one to read, but I figure it's probably best to take a peace offering with me anyway.

As for Vince... Well, he's up and about again. The raid to rescue him from the station's infirmary went off without a hitch. It even made the local news. I don't think either he or Kelsy trust me still... I can't really say I blame them. I suppose it's better for all involved if I stay away for a while...

End log.

No comments: