10/08/2009

Needle in a Haystack

Begin personal log, Thursday October 8th, 111. Audio Only.

I'm currently staying on Vincent's carrier, the VCS Lucifer. I've never been on a Thanatos-class before and it's a lot bigger than I thought. You can see it's Gallentean heritage everywhere, all organic flowing curves and soft lighting. It's been modified too, a big section of the crew quarters has been converted into a representation of a mansion on Luminaire. He's even installed a holographic sky and climate control systems linked to weather satellites in orbit around the planet itself... Very sentimental of him.

I'm not sure how he heard about what happened to me, but he came barging into the ward where I was being held and practically swept me up into his arms to bring me here. He didn't feel the medics at the infirmary on the CONCORD station were treating me right... It was sweet, but I'm worried he's going to get himself into trouble over it.

Anyway... Apparently he's taken it upon himself to try and find my original body. He has an entire fully-staffed astrometrics suite and science lab onboard this ship which he is hoping to use to track it down... He's called it 'Project Artemis'. Cute.

Honestly though, I think he is wasting his time. There is no way he will be able to find the body and even if he does the chances of getting a workable sample from it are tiny. Not that I'm ungrateful or anything, the fact that he is even trying means the world to me... It just seems like such a huge waste of resources.

On the upside, the mutation seems to have slowed down. It's now covering the right side of my face and chest, and I've not noticed anything new for the last three days. It looks kind of like big ugly purple tendrils of scar tissue, a bit like stretch marks I guess. My right eye though is just... disgusting. No way am I going out in public with that on show. It's all swollen and misshapen, and it... it leaks. Ugh.

There is a party this weekend at the Three Sisters club. I really want to go but I can't - not like this. The theme is 'Elegance' and... well... I don't feel very elegant right now.

End log.

3 comments:

Myrhial Arkenath said...

Right, that does explain why Kimochi wouldn't be able to attend, kinda forgot about it. Still a shame!

Caslin said...

...wtf? What is it with everyone being all FUBAR these days?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.