10/29/2009

Gifts

Begin personal log, Thursday October 29th, 111.

Kimochi can be seen walking slowly through a corridor in a starship. She is wearing an electronic eye patch and a long black leather coat, trailing her gloved fingers of her left hand over the wall as she walks. The corridor is narrow and metallic with a red line running along it at about waist height, betraying the ship's Carthum design. Occasionally she passes members of the crew who greet her with a respectful nod. She take an electronic clipboard from a passing crew member and glances over the contents.

I had a few surprises last weekend. I figured it had been too long since I'd jacked into my pod, so I decided to help a few of the Ghosts clear our a Rogue Drone nest that had appeared in Goinard. I felt energized after smashing apart a few of the disgusting creatures with my Retribution's lasers, so when the call in our intel channel for assistance in taking down a Myrmidon a few jumps away was raised, I jumped into the Seraphim's Tears once more to go help out. The Myrmidon was completely overwhealmed of course, and I headed back to base with that warm glow you get after a successful kill.

She hands the clipboard back to the crew member and continues walking through the corridor, passing by a few windows displaying a view of a Gallentean hangar.

I decided to head to The Last Gate to relax a bit.. Ethan and Demetri were there and we had an interesting discussion about the merits of Battlecruisers and Command Ships. Recently I've run a few test simulations using an Absolution-class as the subject and I've had mixed success... The ship handles very well. It has very efficient defenses and it's firepower is certainly impressive. But I've noticed that it's possible to get a Harbinger to perform almost as well for a fraction of the cost!

I explained this to Ethan and Demetri who generally agreed with my opinion. Ethan did explain though that he happened to have a spare Absolution-class sitting in his hangar, and that he would sell it to me if I decided I wanted one. I thanked him for the offer and told him I'd contact him about it when I was ready.

The following morning I woke up to discover that an Absolution had been delivered to my hangar along with a full crew compliment, as well as a lovely note from Ethan explaining that he wanted me to have something to to work towards in the short term - a get well soon gift of sorts.

She smiles to herself as she finishes that sentence.

She's a beautiful ship, and the crew all seem to be pleased to be under my command... I don't honestly know what to say, it's probably the most expensive gift I've ever recieved! As grateful as I am, I'm not ready to fly her yet. I've been studying how to interface with a Command Ship systems and it's... Well, it's rather complicated. More complicated than any other ship I've ever flown, moreso even than some battleships - or so I'm told. I will need some time to learn how to make the most efficient use of her subsystems before I will feel confident undocking her. In the meantime I have a few modifications I need to have completed and of course she needs a name...

She comes to a large squareish portal in the wall connected to a corridor which is clearly of a different design to the rest of the ship - a docking umbilical. She walks inside towards the other end and part of the red and golden exterior of the huge command ship can be seen through the umbilical's windows.

Oh, and that reminds me... That same night I paid a visit to the Hellcats Pub for their party. I've never seen so many capsuleers gathered all in one place, and from what I understand it was a huge success for Mynxee and the Hellcats. I had an absolutely fantastic time, made even better by the fact that I somehow managed to win a Gila-class Cruiser in the raffle! I've never flown a Caldari designed ship before so I have little understanding of how they work. I have heard a rumour that the Gila will be recieving a Guristas firmware update sometime soon which will make it a very deadly combat vessel... Maybe I'll dip my toes into the world of Caldari warships when I'm done with command ships...

She smiles wryly to herself as she reaches out to touch a button on the camera drone. The bulk of the Absolution can be seen through a window behind her as the video ends.

End log.

No comments: