5/04/2010

Bunny Ears

Begin personal log, Tuesday May 4th, 112.

So I'm sitting in my new apartment in the Impro station, everything has been moved over and unpacked... It's taken a good couple of weeks to get everything moved over but it's finally done. I'm not sure why, but at the back of my mind I always expected there to be Jovians wandering around onboard... Heh. That's stupid of course, there are no more Jovians here than anywhere else in New Eden at least as far as anyone can tell. But still... Impro being a company native to the Jove Empire, you have to wonder...

The station is a Gallentean design, albeit one of the more eccentric ones. The apartment is nice though, similar to my previous one but somewhat bigger and with a better view.

...

There was a reason I started this entry... Ghost Festival has disbanded, at least for the forseeable future - and I played a part in it closing it's doors. If I'm honest, this has been coming for some time now... Poor Myrhial has been trying to run the corp on her own essentially since Yishal left. She appointed Jude as a Wraith to help her out, but he's been all but absent - It was only a matter of time before either she closed up shop or cracked completely from the stress. I guess I should probably elabourate here...

I had a development in 'Operation Artemis' some time ago - I discovered the name of a salvager who was operating in the area at the time of my original 'death'. Nobody special really, just a non-capsuleer vulture who made a living picking the battlefields clean after capsuleer fights. I wanted to question him but I no longer have the contacts I used to when I was a Wraith. I guess I could have spoken to Myrhial about it, but she had more than enough on her plate just keeping the corp afloat. So I turned to the only other person I know with the contacts and resources I needed: Ethan Verone.

Within a week we'd tracked him down and interrogated him - and I now know that he'd picked up my body and sold it to a Serpentis administrator. It was about then that I realized something... My loyalty doesn't lie with some Cartel overseer somewhere in Curse. It lies with my friends - the people who have been there for me when I've needed them the most. I never really recovered after having to step down from the directorate really... You can't just let go of something like that and not feel some level of failure. I needed a fresh start...

So I joined Veto.

I spoke to Myrhial about this shortly before doing it and I explained my reasons. Both Plumb and Morwen had come to similar conclusions as me, so we backed eachother up during the meeting. Since I wasn't the only one leaving, Myrhial decided it would be best to close Ghost Festival's doors for the time being. She was sad about the whole situation of course, but she understood my reasons and I like to think she respected us for coming out and telling her rather than just hopping over without saying anything.

There is the squeak of a champagne cork being popped and the sound of carbonated liquid being poured into a glass.

And well here I am. Most of us have joined Veto now, a few others have gone off to do their own things. I had some good times in Ghost Festival... The last two years have been full of ups and downs, but I regret nothing and I like to think I've made a lot of lifelong friends - not the kind of thing one expects when committing to a life of lowsec piracy!

So here's to friends, memories - and a bright future.

End log.

No comments: