6/11/2009

The Painful Truth

Begin log, Thursday June 11th 111. Audio Only.

Well, so much for not ending up as a notch on someone’s bedpost. Shit, what was I thinking? Myrhial would have my head if she found out. It’s not the first time wine, loneliness and raging hormones have gotten me in trouble but still…

In all fairness, I should probably step down. I’ve abused my position and the trust of the other directors - I no longer deserve their respect or the respect of the people under my command. But no… I’m going to go one better. The corp has grown fat and lazy recently… We’ve become too comfortable here, and we’re losing our edge. I plan on changing that… I’m going to whip this group back into shape, even if it kills me.

Additionally since Yishal obviously isn’t going to find the time to do it like she promised, I’ve decided to take the initiative and learn about swordplay on my own. I’ve managed to track down a man who might be able to help: Nobu Kashiri. He maintains a small dojo planetside a few jumps into highsec… I’ll have to use a pseudonym and travel via public transport – as much as the thought repulses me, it’s the only way I’ll manage to get there without the authorities discovering me. I need this though… I’m hoping it’ll help me regain my focus.

It’s about time I grew the hell up and accepted some responsibility.

End log.

No comments: