6/02/2009

Good Honest Piracy

Begin personal log, Tuesday June 2nd, 111.

So last weekend I managed to finally find the time and the drive to undock with a few friends and 'see the sights' of the surrounding systems. Some patrols have been more eventful than others, but I have now at least given the Seraphim's Tears a taste for blood by sinking it's claws into a victim or two...

I also had quite possibly the most amusing kill of my entire career on Friday. Yishal, Myrhial, Vincent, Milo and I decided to conduct a small unofficial Heavy Assault Cruiser roam. Myrhial was scouting in her Pilgrim along with Milo who was providing tackle support with an Ares, and myself, Yishal and Vincent brought the damage with two Zealots and a Vagabond. We where sitting on a gate in Vitrauze waiting for Myrhial to give the all-clear for us to jump through, when suddenly the gate registered two incoming ships. Not knowing what they where, we all tensed up and waited for them to show themselves...

The first ship to decloak was a Badger MKII, with a Mastodon immediately after. I anticipated Yishal's order and scrambled the Mastodon's warp drive. We then started eating through it's shields which were surprisingly powerful. Regardless, my Zealot's armour easily widthstood the cannon fire from the sentries long enough for us to tear the hauler to pieces and warp off to wait for our GCC to cool down. Meanwhile, Milo investigated the wreck, but unfortunately very little of note was left in the remains.

When we looked at the ship destruction log however, we discovered something quite extraordinary. The Mastodon was carrying over 58,000 crates of Spiced Wine, with a value of 994 million ISK! The ship's total value, including fittings and cargo was over 1.13 billion ISK! And every single bottle was destroyed in the explosion!!

So it was both hillariously funny and immensely frustrating at the same time. What I would have given to have had Myrhial head back to base, pick up the Corp Mascot and drag it all back to Goinard. I can't help but feel a little guilty though... We must have spoiled one hell of a party.

The Seraphim's Tears proved it's worth yet again on Saturday night when Yishal brought a group of Drake-class battlecruisers to our attention which where hopping from belt-to-belt in Kurniainen destroying Serpentis warships. Mortis, Inara and I suited up and undocked, travelling the 9 jumps there to see if we could relieve these capsuleers from some of their hard-earned money.

Inara jumped in first in Jinx - her Malediction Interceptor and acquired a point on one of the Drakes which was on it's own in the belt. Mort and I jumped in shortly after, and warped straight to Inara. As we started stripping the battlecruiser of it's shields, two more Drakes warped in and started targetting me. All three battlecruisers opened fire on me, tearing my shields off with very little effort, however my armour proved to be much tougher than they anticipated.

One of the Drakes activated a Microwarp drive and got close enough to me to warp scramble me, which I countered by webifying him, slowing him down enough for me to boost away. Mortis deployed EC-300 drones to break his target lock on me. By this point, the first Drake's hull had collapsed under the combined fire of Mortis' artillery and my pulse laser cannons, and I managed to warp away to recharge some of my capacitor energy and repair some of the damage to my armour.

I warped back in a few seconds later and resumed the attack on the second Drake which went down like a ton of bricks. The third Drake, demoralized after seeing both of his companions torn apart so efficiently, decided to escape while he still could.

It had been a while since I'd felt the adrenaline rush that a proper fight gives, but despite that it couldn't have gone better. Picking up anything of value from the wreckage, we made our way back to Goinard feeling rather satisfied with ourselves.

End log.

1 comment:

Carole Pivarnik said...

Enjoyable writeup! Sounds like fun times down in my "old" neighborhood. Been awhile since I've been to Vitrauze.