1/09/2009

Setbacks

Begin log, January 9th, 111.

I spoke to Aria about my plan recently. She got back to me a couple of days later with a less than satisfactory answer. It's not her fault of course... The Dominations are almost as distant to us as to everyone else. But it's still something of a setback.

It seems as though the Cartel is redirecting it's resources to deal with this Angel "Splinter Group" that popped up last week. It now means that I have to put my plan on hold either until the Dominations decide to free up some resources - and give me access to them - or I find an alternative.

Sigh.

Funding isn't the problem... I can pay for all this. It's just finding someone with the expertise I need and a willingness to get their hands dirty. It's safe to say that this well outstrips my own technical ability, so I have no chance of attempting to do it myself. Aria did suggest maybe trying a private agent, but I wouldn't even know where to begin looking. I did try contacting Rakiro, but he's been more difficult to get hold of than usual...

Come to think of it, I've not heard from him in a long time. He was working for Aliastra last I heard, and was taking steps to join PRELI. I do hope he's alright...

In other news, I agreed to visit Paradise this evening with Kelsy, Kleoptoleme and his wife: Sophie Starsparrow. According to 'Leme I had a massive argument with Sophie a while ago, but I don't really remember... I must have been drunk or something. Either way, I could do with the break...

I haven't slept for about three days and i'm having to use boosters, just to keep from collapsing on the spot. Maybe I should try and get some sleep so I look at least reasonable for this evening... But there is so much to do. These last few days have been extremely profitable for me, and things are starting to come together... But there is still so much planning and organization to do. I had no idea it would require quite so much work! I have a list of things to do and people to chase up as long as my arm... Maybe I should hire someone to make all these arrangements for me and just manage things from the sidelines. And I still need a location... As much as I love Derelik, the region is far too poor for what I have in mind. Somewhere in Caldari or Gallente space would be perfect, but i'm not exactly welcome in highsec anymore.

Another sigh, followed by a yawn.

It's pointless... I need to sleep. End log.

No comments: